Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Garden!

Warning this is going to be a LOT of  photos!

 As a lot of you know I go every Friday and help Dad pick for Farmers Market. It is a lot of fun most days and pretty much every time I wonder how in the world someone as *cough* young as Dad can do it. It is a work out! But I enjoy every minute out there with my Dad!
 This is one of his gardens. It has beets, tomatos, bitter melons, cucumbers, onions, another kind of onion I can't think of the name right now of course. I know I am forgetting some things.
 This picture and a few of the following are of the bitter melon set up. Dad took branches and put them over the fencing he has the melons grown up. It looks so cool in there the pictures don't do it justice!
 It may be hard to tell in the pictures but the rows are LONG!
 A bitter melon is a very nutritious veggie that you cook before eating and is bitter in flavor. Americans ask why anyone would want to eat it and Asians stand in line for it.
 Tomatos.
 Tomatos on one side and flowers Adrienne planted on the other. : )



 You can see the bitter melons in this shot.

 Dad and his gardening partner Nosey.
 This is of 3 dill patches. This one has gone to seed now. I took this picture the day I came and harvested dill seed for winter cooking.
 This garden has more cucumbers, hot peppers, green beans, basil, and zucchini.
 Melons anyone. Goes clear to the field you can barely see at the end on the shot.
 This garden has kohlrabi, chinese egg plant, and I can't remember what else. : /
 Looking past the garden listed in the photo above you can see where the green peppers, sweet peppers, egg plants, chinese egg plants are.
 Here is another flower garden Adrienne planted. : )





I wish I had measurements of the gardens. But no standard tape measure I have is big enough. All I know is it is huge! lol. I am sure I am spacing off something growing out these as well. I am learning a lot about gardening along the way and the kids love spending Fridays at Grandma and Grandpas!

1 comment: