Thursday, April 29, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ADRIENNE!
My little girl is 10 years old today. The journey had been full of emotions as she has grown up so fast, there were times I was sad, sad to drop her off at daycare her first day to go back to work, I cried the first two weeks missing her so badly. There were times I was so proud of her, as she learned new things. There were times I was exasperated as I taught her right from wrong. There were times my heart was singing as she did wonderful things like picking up trash at the local park all on her own. I can't believe 10 years ago today at 10:23pm I held her for the first time, in awe of how beautiful she is. The feeling of becoming a mother is a amazing one that you never forget, that moment in time had never faded.

We had a Birthday party with her friends last weekend. It was a blast!
Photobucket
For her cake she chose strawberry with strawberry frosting.
Photobucket
We did nail painting, everyone partnered up and did the others nails.
Photobucket
We decorated the night before, she had lots of fun helping me.
Photobucket
Opening her gifts, she got some really fun things including a
MP3 player & fun rug for her room that now has hard wood flooring.
Photobucket
Addie posing with her new rug.
Photobucket
I almost for got to do the candles and Birthday song lol, but remembered in the nick of time lol.
Photobucket
Addie ready to blow out candles, I was too slow and missed the shot of her blowing them out. : (
Photobucket
The girls had a blast playing truth or dare spin the bottle, it was so fun to watch them play. I did feel a little sorry for the girl who was dared to lick my kitchen floor and actually did it. lol
Photobucket
Photobucket
As Addie slept last night I hung streamers from her doorway for something fun for her for her Birthday. She really liked them and never wants them down lol.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Adrienne!! Happy Birthday Mommy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Adrienne, hope its a good one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that day ten years ago too...just like it was yesterday! What an exciting day it was! Swinging her on my arm like a ragdol throught Target because that was the only way she wouldn't cry, and the lovely way she pronounced my name: "Wita" How she got that from Amanda I will never know...ahh the memories given to me by a little girl I love SOOO much :) ~ Aunt Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Adrienne! And good blogging Kate keep it up and I will be your loyal reader. Love the pictures and I bet that cake was delicious. Love ya. -Julie

    ReplyDelete