Saturday, June 19, 2010

A day of family fishing!

Today we went fishing for Fathers Day since I work tomorrow. We went to Little Wall Lake for the afternoon and had tons of fun! The kids did great and we can't wait to go again.


O.K. I realize you can barely see my fish, but it is the only one I caught. Joe caught one smaller than that I swear but he thinks his was bigger lol. We got lots of little fish so no eating fish for dinner like we were hoping, but after a day as great as today who cares.
Lane, Rylin, and Adrienne waiting on the bench for dad to bait their hooks.

Poor little Rylin was the only one who didn't fish, but she had lots of fun with the toys we brought and running around outside.
Joe baiting one the the many hooks today. I did put my own worm on but I will not touch the fish so that was up to him for me and the kids.
Adrienne caught the biggest fish of the day. A Bullhead!
Adrienne and her fish!
My serious fisher, little Lane.
Love the hat and no one could pull it up out of his line of sight, he would just put it back down but man it was cute!


Lane relaxing after a hard day of fishing.
Rylin copying brother lol.
Adrienne enjoying herself.
When the kids weren't fishing or running around we had a blanket with snacks, drinks, and toys and they would hang out there. After we went home we grilled steaks, pork chops and hot dogs and did mashed potatos and sweet corn on the cob. Followed by ice cream cones and a movie for the kids. I was a wonderful time and hopefully we will have many more fishing trips this summer!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great day, how come no fishin for miss Rylin? She would have had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She wouldn't hold the pole lol. She had no interest but maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete