Monday, April 1, 2013

House before and after...finally!

 Before of the living room. It seemed like a much smaller room with carpet and after doing the hard floor and living with it for a couple months now I will never put carpeting back into a house. It is impossible to really get clean and the hard floor is so much easier to care for! Plus you can actually get it clean! Very important when you are as ocd as I am. : )

 After. The trim is up on the door and window after almost 7 years! I repainted the stairs and wanted a dramatic look and got just what I wanted. I like how they really anchor the room. : )
 The rug was perfect for the room and fits my style to a T.
 Love that I can start having my plants down again since the children are old enough not to bother them. And this wooden chair my mother in law got is a adorable plant stand!
 And this was the blond color table in the before shot. I painted it as well. It is at the end of its life anyways so I figured if it didn't work out no biggie. But it turned out nice and is holding up just fine.

 Dining before and after. I changed the window treatments to match what we already had in the living room and it makes is more homey I think. I wish we would have done this years ago when we gutted the living room and spent a fortune on the carpet for that room.
Excited to get onto the rest of the house. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment