Thursday, March 28, 2013

Awana Grand Prix!

 Time for the much anticipated Awana Grand Prix! Lane was super excited to race his truck!

 When you first get there they have to weigh the car and then add weights if needed.
 Lane needed a few so they added these metal balls and hot glued them in.
 Then while waiting for all the racers to get weighted in we had dinner. Corn dogs, chips and a bar. It was pretty good.  : )

 This is the track that they go down...same one from when I was a kid.  : )
 All the cars that were entered. Each car gets to be raced 12 times.
 Lane placing his car at the top of the track. Then he ran down to the end of the track to watch his truck race!
 I didn't know when I got him the truck that they are slower than the cars : ( so he was in 4th all but a couple races.
 Eating popcorn while we wait for his next go round...
 Placing his truck up there again and this time he got 3rd! He was so excited you would have thought he had placed first! He ran over to me with the biggest smile I have ever seen and gave me a high five. I wish I could have caught it on camera. I was grinning ear to ear at his excitement.
After hours of racing he never placed high enough to get a trophy but did get a ribbon for racing in general. It was a fun night that was for sure! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment